Pages

\

Friday, December 11, 2009

Mmm...mmm Cauliflower and a Little Christmas Joy

I made this recipe to take to the office Christmas party as a side dish and it was so easy and super delish that I thought I would share it with you. Nothing like a yummy, cheesy way to get your veggies! The recipe came from a crock pot cook book, but I made it in a pot on the stove and it turned out fine. I just added a little extra water.
Ingredients:
2 heads of cauliflower
1 jar cheddar cheese pasta sauce (right by the alfredo sauce)
small onion
pepper

First, saute the onion in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil for those of you who don't speak Rachel Ray).



While the onion is carmelizing, cut the cauliflower into florets. I didn't get a pic of this because the lighting in the kitchen wasn't good and I thought you could probably figure this part out. Put the florets in a pot (or a small crock pot) and pour cheese sauce over them. I filled the sauce jar up about a third of the way with water to get the remaining cheese out and poured that in too.




Once the onions are soft, mix them into the cauliflower, add pepper, and cover. Cook on the stove on medium to low heat until cauliflower is soft. (If you are using a crock pot, cook on low for about 6 hours/high for about 3)

Enjoy!

I was so blessed to be able to enjoy the wonderful Christian fellowship at our office Christmas party this Thursday. It is extremely refreshing to see people celebrating the true meaning of Christmas in a world filled with "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings." We began the party in prayer and were greeted at our seats with a sweet package, tagged with a verse from Matthew, which contained a "Baby Boy" mint. It was a wonderful little reminder of why we celebrate the season of Christmas.





"And she will have a son and you shall call him Jesus (meaning Savior) for he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

Don't get too caught up in the shopping, partying and crafting this Christmas to remember the true reason for the season, our savior, Jesus Christ. Praise God for such a wonderful blessing!

Love to you,

Ramsey



Linking to:

1 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the give-a-way I won. I have been swamped --Google has my and many others accounts all messed up. I see you have my blog on the front screen and it shows my newest post as 2 weeks ago and I have done tons of post since that one. Some are getting m y updates but most aren't. I am not getting yours in my reader.
If you want to do gift tags that would be great-I will let you use your creativity to do what you would like. I am going with red and bright green as my wrapping paper this year.

Cheri