Pages

\

Monday, October 17, 2011

So bring on the rain

IMG_3964


IMG_3959


IMG_3965


IMG_3963

Dress and necklace: Sparkle, Vest: Belk, Jacket: Old Navy, Boots: Arturo Chiang, Shades: F21, Bag: Gucci {Hand-me-down}, Jewelry: Premier, F21, c/o Mimi's

So, I was promised a rainstorm tonight and by golly I better get something by tomorrow. It was considerably hotter than I was expecting {or, rather, hoping for} today and I am petitioning for some coolness. So I can dress as seen above and not roast my buns off all day. Do you know how miserable it is sitting in hard chairs all day with no buns? Oh, the joys of college life. Anywho, I know this outfit was highly impractical, given the weather conditions today, but I just couldn't pass it up after I had taken the time to pick it out and paint my nails to match. {Manhattan by NYC if you were wondering...I'm sure you would have lost sleep over that tonight otherwise...right. Anywho, it's lovely and purpley and fabulous.} I'm pretty sure this scenario is vanity at its finest. And I just admitted it on the internet. You know what they say. If it's online, must be true. So there. From your vain, clothes picking, nail polishing, cool-weather dressing friend. Happy Tuesday.

Love,

Ramsey

18 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

Super Cute! I love the dress.
Ky
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

My Life as Whitney said...

Girl you are not the only one who paints their nails to match- my pre-cal teacher even noticed (and she's kind of a hippy lady)- its a girl thing.

joy said...

I love your outfit, your dress looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love the ethnic print with the cargo jacket! I can so relate to hard chairs, ugh! and trust me I do have buns and still not comfy, hope you get some rain sweetie!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Sailor July said...

Absolutely amazing, adorable, outfit!

And I know just how you feel... When I hear we're gonna get rainy weather, or even better, stormy weather... I just keep my fingers crossed! ^_^

Sarah said...

ahh dress...I die. ha ha I'll do the rain dance for you tonight...I hear it works.

MissKait said...

the pattern on that dress is so fabulous. reminds me of Missoni.
that jacket is cute with it, gives it a casual look!

kaitlin xo
kaitgirl.blogspot.com

TaraMixandMatch said...

In love with your dress!

Dee Paulino said...

the pattern on that dress is bombastic, I love how you played with it.

ps: sitting in school with no bun? I have 4 classes today, I know the feeling sistah!

Unknown said...

we been having lots of rainstorms here in s florida! cant wait for our "floridian cold front" later in the week! love your jacket!

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

What a pretty dress! The weather is beeing really unpredictable here as well. One day it freezes the other day it feels like summer outside. A girl never knows what to wear in the morning... x

Sara Campbell said...

Love it!
xo,
Sara Campbell Blog
^Follow the link to our blog for all things Sara Campbell, your Boston-based clothing designer and business woman extraordinaire!

Sara Campbell said...

Love it!
xo,
Sara Campbell Blog
^Follow the link to our blog for all things Sara Campbell, your Boston-based clothing designer and business woman extraordinaire!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the dress! Purrrrty!

Natalie
www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful- I love that dress!
I hope you get some rain. It started raining here in KY about 10 minutes ago!

hannahstiff said...

Love the Missoni look of the dress and the Arturo boots. Xo


more real-girl-on-a-budget style:
4scarlet.com

MizzJ said...

Awesome print and love how you styled this for fall.

I'm Sydney. said...

Ah there you go. Perfect genius right there!